Welcome to the world’s largest girl organization dedicated to empowering girls through leadership experiences.
Girl Scout Mission
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
Most girls join a local troop for fun and friendship, but they also find out about building character and self-esteem and serving their communities—the core qualities of Girl Scouting. In Girl Scouts, girls find a safe place to grow and share new experiences, learn to relate to others, develop values, and contribute to society.
The Girl Scout program is based on the Girl Scout Promise and Law. All members:
- Pay national dues of $12.00
- Follow safety guidelines
Learn more about what girls do:
- Girl Scout Daisy, grades K-1
- Girl Scout Brownie, grades 2-3
- Girl Scout Junior, grades 4-5
- Girl Scout Cadette, grades 6-8
- Girl Scout Senior, grades 9-10
- Girl Scout Ambassador, grades 11-12
Girl Scouting’s highest awards—the Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards—are girls chance to make a lasting difference in their community . . . and in the world.
- The Bronze Award is for girls in 4th and 5th grade and is the highest award that can earned as a Junior Girl Scout.
- The Silver Award is for girls in 6th, 7th and 8th grades and is the highest award that can be earned as a Cadette Girl Scout.
- The Gold Award is for girls in 9th through 12 grades and is the highest achievement a Girl Scout can earn.
Lake Austin Service Unit is part of the Girl Scouts of Central Texas.